How to enable Apple Airprint with shared printers in Windows
You upgraded to iOS device to 4.2.1 and now want to be able to print but you don’t own one of those new HP printers that support Airprint… You can still print using your PC shared printers following these steps:
- Download and install iTunes 10.1 from the Apple Website
- Download “Airprint Enabler.zip”: http://www.freddyreyes.com/utilities/dl/?did=42
- Unzip it
- Run “Airprint Install 32 Bits.bat” or “Airprint Install 64 Bits.bat” as administrator (based on your Windows version).
- Go to C:\Program Files\Airprint or C:\Program Files (x86)\AirPrint\ (if you have Windows 64 Bits) and double click on the airprint.exe
- On the Windows Firewall window allow AirPrint to communicate with the networks (Home/Private)
Accomplished professional with over 20 years of IT experience and track record in leading initiatives pertaining Cloud Technologies and SaaS. Strong capacity for understanding and effectively communicating technology being utilized to internal and external audiences. Solid background in Sales Engineering and Consulting in both Global and Domestic markets.